The Citizens Bank of Cochran takes pride in our community. One of our main focuses is Bleckley County’s youth. We feel it is our duty to introduce them to the world ahead and better prepare them for challenges they will face in the near future. Our Junior Board of Directors programs consists of Bleckley County High School seniors. These students are challenged throughout the year on leadership skills, personal finance, potential career paths, local economy, and banking basics. We encourage our students to invest their time in the community and promote local economic growth.
2017-2018 Junior Board Application
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA or greater
- 2 professional recommendations from a local business leader and an academic professional
- Participate in community events affiliated with the bank
- Attend monthly meetings/field trips(we ask that you do not miss more than 2 meetings)
- Represent The Citizens Bank of Cochran as a delegate to the community
- Eligibility for The Citizens Bank of Cochran’s annual scholarship
- Members will receive a complimentary shirt and a picture on the Junior Board Billboard
- Two annual field trips
- Become a young leader in the community and develop skills to better prepare for career challenges ahead
- Community service experience for college applications
- Freedom Checking Account(You will be required to open a checking account at The Citizens Bank of Cochran)
Application period begins April 3rd and ends April 28th. Applicants whom meet all necessary requirements will be called in for interviews on Wednesday, May 10th. The 2017-2018 Junior Board of Directors will be announced on Wednesday, May 17th.
The CBC’s Junior Board consists of seniors from Bleckley County High School and is a yearlong program. Throughout the year the students attend monthly board meetings and learn about personal finance, how a bank runs as well as leadership and team building skills. CBC also takes the Junior Board on two field trips, one to the Federal Reserve in Atlanta and one to Stone Mountain where they participate in team building activities. For more information about CBC’s Junior Board of Directors please call Lindsey Dykes at (478) 934-6277 ext. 6107 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Student Applicants
You play a vital role in the Bleckley County community. The Citizens Bank of Cochran recognizes the need for our younger generations to succeed in business environments. It is our duty to prepare you for the professional challenges you will face in the near future.
Through The Citizens Bank of Cochran’s Junior Board of Directors, we seek to work with a group of interested young people who will help us identify better ways to serve our community. In return, The Citizens bank of Cochran will provide education in banking services, investing, careers in banking, and our local economy. We also hope to provide you with leadership skills that are beneficial for future success. In addition, The Citizens Bank of Cochran will award two scholarships each year to two outstanding members of our Junior Board. These scholarships will not automatically be awarded. They must be earned.
Join us in working for a brighter future for The Citizens Bank of Cochran and Bleckley County!